Hi Lu, Anna, et al.--
I'd suggest looking for illustrations in
alchemical texts.  This is a little late
(1595), but here are some plates from a
volume digitized at the Univ. of Wisconsin:
http://www.library.wisc.edu/libraries/SpecialCollections/khunrath/thumbs.html
--Linda Duychak
Kohler Art Library/Digital Content Group
Univ. of Wisconsin, Madison