Dear Colleagues,

I know that we are all concentrating on and working on our contributions
for the ARLIS/NA Baltimore 2003 conference right now.  On the other hand,
the NYC04 Conference Planning Committee is hard at work planning next
year's New York City Conference.  We very much hope that you will help us
make the NYC04 ARLIS/NA conference a success.

We invite you to get together with your colleagues to plan provocative,
stimulating, and exciting session proposals for New York.  The session
proposal form is available electronically
at:  http://www.arlisna.org/proposals.html  We encourage you to submit your
proposals electronically, but you may also submit them in hard copy by
e-mail, fax, or snail mail.  Session proposals are due on May 5, 2003.

The NYC04 conference does not have an official theme, but we hope that some
of you will develop proposals that showcase New York as an international
and diverse city.  We hope that those of you who are in Baltimore will
network with colleagues to plan for next year.  For those of you who are
unable to be in Baltimore, please consider developing and submitting
proposals for next year's ARLIS/NA conference in New York.

If you have questions while preparing your proposals or would like to talk
about your ideas with a member of the Program Subcommittee, please do
so.  However, remember that your completed proposals should be sent to me
by May 5, 2003.

See you in New York.

NYC04 Program Subcommittee

Ross Day