VRA 2003 Workshop: Influencing Skills for Positive Out
VRA 2003 Annual Conference, April 7-13, Houston
http://vraweb.org/2003conference

Workshop 3
Influencing Skills for Positive Outcomes

Sponsored by the VRA Education Committee
Leader: Kathryn Deiss, Director of Education and Training, Chicago Library System
Registration Fee: $55
Limit: 40 participants
Many of us do not naturally possess powerful persuasion and influence skills. More than ever, as the workplace becomes increasingly interdependent and our organizations move into collaborative arrangements with other organizations, we need to have the ability to influence others. In this half-day workshop you will learn how to view influence and how to best influence others for positive outcomes. You will also learn about your own influencing style preferences.