Colleagues -

I'm trying to track down an article that describes several of the
pieces in the Walters collection.  The sketchy reference that is in
our curatorial records reads like this:

Neugebauer, Genava XIV, 1936, p. 97

"Genava" is underlined  (in case the formatting doesn't come
through), it's the title of the journal.  We have some holdings in
Genava, but they start in the 60's.  There is a vol. 14, but it is not
1936.  I believe it is an earlier series that the reference is citing,
what we have is the new series.  I've looked in the catalog of JHU,
closest to me, but their holdings also do not go back that far (thanks
anyway, Don!).

If one of you peerless reference librarians could look in your
holdings to see if there is an article that describes a group of small
Roman statuettes, "1st century A.D." (according to our curatorial
records) found at Boscoreale - I'm really looking for the complete
cite: full name of author, title of article, pages.  If it's not too
long and you have the time/energy to mail a photocopy of it to me
(assuming it exists!), I'll buy you a drink/cup of coffee when you're
in Baltimore for the conference in March!

Thank you!

Kathleen Stacey
Head Librarian, Walters Art Museum
600 North Charles Street