Dear Colleagues,

We have just received word that the library of The New-York Historical Society will have to close for at least two weeks, beginning January 7th, so that building-wide capital upgrades can occur well in advance of the main phase of construction, now slated to begin on April 1, 2003, with an expected completion date of June 30, 2003.

We apologize to all our researchers for the very short notice regarding this closing, which begins next week.

We will continue to share information as we receive it, and thank you for your patience during the upcoming months of library construction.

Before visiting the library, please be sure to call 212-873-3400 x225 or 226, or log onto our website at www.nyhistory.org, for the most up-to-date schedule information.

Nina Nazionale
Head of Library Public Service
The New-York Historical Society