Nike, Inc. - Portland, OR
As our Design Librarian, you’ll work with Nike’s Design groups to assess
information resource requirements and implement solutions that contribute to
the innovation and development of Nike products. You’ll act as an
information research expert, responding to requests for information by
researching, selecting, sourcing, evaluating and delivering sources. You’ll
also handle library processes, including subscriptions, the networked
catalog of information sources and document delivery; proactively research
topics of expressed and potential interest to Nike Design; and develop
relevant information resources, including desktop tools, magazine
collections, book collections, Internet resources and product files. In
addition, you’ll communicate library resources and capabilities, and
contribute to library displays, open houses, exhibits, orientations and web
pages.

Requirements for the position include:
·     Master’s degree in Library Science or Library Information Science from an
America Library Association accredited university or 4 years’ similar work
experience
·     Proven skill with information research tools, including Lexis-Nexis and
DIALOG
·     Strong computer, catalog and classification skills
·     Internet savvy, able to use a variety of search engines and techniques
·     Able to work with a wide range of clients
·     Experience working with vendors
·     Able to lift and carry books and magazines
·     5-7 years’ previous corporate or academic library experience is strongly
preferred

Interested yet? Good. Us too. We’re pretty sure you’ll want to know we offer
one of the most generous benefits packages around. Things like a stock
purchase plan, a 401(k) retirement plan, casual work environment, childcare
and a host of other perks we don’t have room to mention here.

Please reference job number 001824 when you apply online at
www.nikejobs.com/us/search

We’re interested in learning more about you and appreciate you taking the
time to apply online.

Nike is committed to employing a diverse workforce.

---