I have a patron who is interested in selling some art work in Japan.  Apparently, she has works by an artist who is popular with Japanese collectors.

She is interested in knowing who the major galleries or dealers are, and how to go about contacting them.  I have given her detailed contact info for the Tolman Collection (New York and Tokyo) and Art Brilliant (based out of California but with galleries in Japan).  Also, I've told her about the International Directory of Arts listings, but apparently she wants additional information...

She also wants to know about running advertisements in Japanese language publications.  For that, I have referred her to our Asian Studies bibliographer, but if anyone has information that would help, I would be very grateful.

Thanks.

Terrie L. Wilson
Art Librarian
Michigan State University