Hi Museum librarians,

I am curious about the service that you give to the docents of your museum.  We are a non-circulating research library and have always treated the docents as we would the general public.  I have been asked to give an instructional talk to the docents on using the library for research and was wondering how involved other museum libraries get in training their docents.

Do any of you participate in the docent training program?

Do you reserve materials for docents to use?

Do you circulate to docents?

You may respond to me off list, and if there is enough interest I can report back with a summary.

Thanks,

Marianne L. Cavanaugh

Head Librarian

Richardson Memorial Library