Colleagues,

I'm interested in learning if anyone knows of a library recently built or renovated that has incorporated a "green roof" in its construction.  By this I mean a roof specifically structured to take the weight of a waterproofing layer and 3-5 inches of soil (or soil-less mixture) into which are planted succulents, the purpose being to slow down the rate of runoff and to filter this runoff in an environmentally responsible way.  I know about the Chesapeake Bay Foundation and several European commercial buildings and their green roofs, but I don't know of any libraries.

Thanks,

Sheila

Sheila Klos

Head Librarian