Dear Annette,

try to contact World Press Photo. They do have a database of
photographers who appeared somewhere in their neighbourhood - and
Mike Wells is published in a book by WPP:

World Press Photo
Jacob Obrechtstraat 26
1071 KM Amsterdam
The Netherlands

Tel. +31 20 676 6096
Fax +31 20 676 4471

site www.worldpressphoto.nl
e-mail [log in to unmask]

Hope this helps

Good luck,

Hans Zonnevijlle
Librarian NFI (Dutch Institute for Photography)

> I am trying to find any information I can about a photographer named
> Michael Wells who's photograph entitled "Hands" (of a Ugandan child's
> hand) appears in The Photography Book published by Phaidon (1997). I
> have tried the following resources. Any help would be greatly
> appreciated.
>
> Contemporary Photographers
> Photography Index
> MacMillan Biographical Encyclopedia of Photographic Artists
> Photographers Encyclopedia International
> Artist Biographies Master Index
> Art Index
> Artbibliographies Modern
> BHA
> Photographers on Disc.
>
> --
> Annette Haines
> Art & Design Field Librarian
> Adjunct Assistant Professor, School of Art & Design
> 2032 Art & Architecture Building
> 2000 Bonisteel Blvd.
> Ann Arbor, MI 48109-2069
> Phone (743) 763-4438
> Fax (734) 936-0469

> Questions may be addressed to list owner (Kerri Scannell) at:

Hans Zonnevijlle
Librarian NFI (Dutch National Institute for Photography)
Witte de Withstraat 63
NL-3012 BN Rotterdam - The Netherlands
e : [log in to unmask]
U : http://www.nfi.nl