This is probably going to seem like a strange reference question, but a
student here is looking for information on what we've best been able to
identify as "cut-out-face" props.  I'm referring specifically to those
things you see at boardwalks and fairs where you stand behind them and
stick your face through the hole and from the front you look like a
gorilla, muscle man, buxom woman, etc.  Even better, the student wants to
know what is the history of these, i.e. when and where did they first start.

Any guesses?  Email me directly at [log in to unmask]  Thanks!

        -- Roberto

Roberto C. Ferrari
Head of Access Services
Arts & Humanities Librarian