Dear Colleagues,

As I consider ARLIS/NA Committee Appointments for 2003-04, I hope to hear
from those of you who might be interested in serving on the following
Society Committees. Standing Committees include:

Cataloging Advisory Committee
Development Committee
Awards -(subcommittees to include:  Distinguished Service, Gerd Muehsam,
George Wittenborn, Research, Travel) - Subject to Executive Board approval
3/03.
International Relations Committee
Membership Committee
Nominating Committee
Professional Development Committee
Public Policy Committee
Publications Committee
Standards Committee

I would also like to hear from those who might be interested in serving on
two new Society Task Forces which I propose to activate at the 2003
Conference. Their work will be implemented over the next two years:

Diversity Task Force - (A new group which will be appointed to study, survey
and publish findings on diversity in the art information professions;
Subject to approval of the Executive Board 3/03).
Texas/Mexico Task Force - (This group will continue the work of an
ARLIS/Texas-Mexico Chapter focus group, studying the feasibility of
recruitment of new members from Mexico and compiling a written report of
recommended actions for the Executive Board by March 2005; Subject to
approval of the Executive Board 3/03).

If you have questions about the charges of the groups listed above, please
refer to the ARLIS/NA Handbook, the ARLIS/NA Website or feel free to contact
me off list about the Task Forces.

I look forward to hearing from many of you!

Allen

Allen K. Townsend
Vice President/President-Elect, ARLIS/NA
Arcadia Director of the Library
Philadelphia Museum of Art
PO Box 7646
Benjamin Franklin Parkway