I'm doing some research on Chemla Tiles.  I'm told they were originally made in Tunis; then the factory moved to France in the 1940s. Apparently many houses built in the 1920s in southern California have Chemla Tiles.  I don't have access to Art Index .  The questions are:
1.  Is the Chemla Tile factory extant?
2.  Is there a source for old Chemla tiles aside from random architectural salvage and antique stores?
3. Does anyone know how to contact David Chemla,who apparently lives in Paris and is the great grandson of the founder?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. The person I'm helping is going to France in late November for a week and hopes to find Mr. Chemla and/or the factory.

Heather Brodhead
Santa Barbara