IMPORTANT NOTICE
from the Library of The New-York Historical Society

To offer improved facilities for our visitors, including better lighting, increased data wiring, new carpeting and reconfigured research areas, the library of The New-York Historical Society will be undergoing renovations in early 2003.

In order for this work to be completed in a safe and timely manner, the library reading room and the department of prints, photographs and architectural collections will be closed to researchers during this time.

The tentative start date for this work is Monday, January 20, 2003, with an expected completion date of Friday, April 18, 2003. The last day that the library reading room and print room will be open is Friday, January 17th.

Any changes in this schedule will be posted in the library reading room, by taped recordings on our phones, on the N-YHS website, and on select listservs.

We will make every effort to assist you during this period and are grateful for your understanding.

FOR REFERENCE ASSISTANCE DURING CLOSURE:

Phone:
General Collections (212) 873-3400 x225, 226
Manuscripts x265
Prints, Photographs & Architecture x227

Postal Mail:
New-York Historical Society Library