All,
I am on a subgroup of a Public Services library committee here at the
University and I and another colleague are investigating ways in which our
online catalog Cameo (via Sirsi/Unicorn) can be more accessible to users.
Right now we're interested in how other libraries display missing books in
their  library catalogs

Our questions to you are:
--Does your library catalog display all  missing or lost holdings until
they are withdrawn?
--If so, does your catalog indicate that you are doing something about the
missing material,
with words like missing-reordered, etc.
--Have any of you chosen not to display missing books in your catalogs
until a decision is made on whether to reorder or deaccession from the
collection? If so why?
(e.g. Sirsi allows "shadowing" wherein missing items are NOT viewable by
patrons).
--Do you have a written policy on the display of missing items in your
library catalogs that you would be willing to share with us?

Thanks for any comments you may have.
Mo

Mo Dawley
Art and Drama Librarian