Dear ARLIS,  When I received this message I forwarded it to my tech person
and this is the reply that she sent back to me -

Please, before you send a 'virus warning' to everyone you know, check to
verify the it is in fact a virus!  The file jdbgmgr.exe is essential to your
Windows operating system.

I highly recommend this site to check if it is a hoax or the real thing.
http://hoaxbusters.ciac.org

Layne Kirkpatrick                [log in to unmask]
Network Administrator,           www.vanartgallery.bc.ca
Vancouver Art Gallery,           voice: 604 662-4700
750 Hornby Street,               fax: 604 682-1086
Vancouver, B. C., V6Z 2H7

This was what they had to say about the jdbgmgr.exe virus:

The Jdbgmgr Hoax
April 2002

The jdbgmgr hoax is almost the same as the sulfnbk hoax in that it tells you
to delete a program that was installed with Windows. jdbmgr.exe is the Java
Debugger Manager and does have an icon that looks like a Teddy Bear. It is
not, normally, a virus. As with all executables, it is not impossible to
have a copy of jdbmgr.exe that is infected by a virus but that virus will be
detected by your antivirus software.

Microsoft has posted the article Q322993 with information on how to replace
jdbgmgr.exe if you have deleted it.

Cheryl Siegel, Librarian
Vancouver Art Gallery
750 Hornby St.