FFFF,0000,0000ARLIS/NA - Northwest Chapter Meeting
FFFF,0000,0000 The Northwest Chapter of ARLIS/NA will meet on December 7, 2002 at the Vancouver Public Library. Northwest Chapter members will gather for an informal dinner with a stimulating after dinner speaker at the home of Cheryl Siegel on Friday evening, December 6. On Saturday morning, members will meet at the bridge to the Vancouver Public Library at 9:30 sharp. We'll have coffee and muffins and a tour of this astounding Safdie building with a focus on Special Collections and the digital photo collection. We will see a demonstration of the Simon Fraser University virtual referenece desk and discuss our own experiences (or lack thereof) with this innovation. After lunch we will have our business meeting and finish the afternoon with a tour of the current exhibition at the Vancouver Art Gallery, Tom Thomson -- surely one of Canada's most romantic figures and a painter of astounding talent. This promises to be a traditional Northwest meeting - with lots of food, good cheer and, of course, a rich quota of shared insights into the business of art librairanship. Registration details to follow shortly. Please save the date! Cheryl Siegel, Chair ARLIS/NA -- Northwest Chapter __________________________________________________________________ Mail submissions to [log in to unmask] For information about joining ARLIS/NA see: http://www.arlisna.org//membership.html Send administrative matters (file requests, subscription requests, etc) to [log in to unmask] ARLIS-L Archives and subscription maintenance: http://lsv.uky.edu/archives/arlis-l.html Questions may be addressed to list owner (Kerri Scannell) at: [log in to unmask]