Dear Eveyone,

We have a small collection of facsimiles of Japanese scroll paintings.
They were not included in the reconversion project when Pitt went to an
online system.  We are now in the process of adding them to our
database.

LC standards are such that the length of the object should now be
included in the cataloging record, but there is some controversy over
where the object begins and ends!  Does the scroll begin with the roll
on which the scroll is attached and end at the roll on the opposite
end?  OR does the object begin where the facimile begins and ends?

What is the practice in your library?  Pleae let me know as soon as
possible.

Thanks!

Ray Anne Lockard

--
Ray Anne Lockard, Head Librarian
Frick Fine Arts Library

"A book should be a ball of light in one's hands."
Ezra Pound