Dear Colleagues,

As the ARLIS/NA Board Liaison to Divisions, Sections and Roundtables, it is my duty to inform the membership that the Indigenous Art Round Table and the Public Library Division have been dissolved.  Because of patterns of waning interest and their ongoing decline in membership and participation, both groups were discussed at the Post-Conference Board meeting in St. Louis, as well as the Mid-Year Board meetings in New York.  At the recommendation of members from these groups, the Board decided to dissolve them in accordance with ARLIS/NA bylaws which state that Divisions, Sections and Roundtables may be disbanded by the Board if they no longer serve a useful function to the organization.  Attendance at the St. Louis business meetings of both groups was minimal, and neither was able to identify a new Moderator.  However, t
he Board hopes that those attending future Annual Conferences who share interests in these areas will begin to use the new self-scheduling option for their meetings and discussion groups.  I would also be happy to answer any further questions about these recent Executive Board motions.

Allen K. Townsend
Vice President/President Elect, ARLIS/NA
Arcadia Director of the Library
Philadelphia Museum of Art
PO Box 7646
Benjamin Franklin Parkway