The Web Site Advisory Board has been considering the section of the web site
entitled 'ARLIS/NA Guide to the World Wide Web'
(http://www.arlisna.org/web.html and associated pages).  Many of the links
on these pages are outdated and considerable work would be required to
update and maintain them in their present form.  Moreover, since the time
when this resource was developed, several sites providing links to art
information resources have become established, and are undoubtedly more
up-to-date and comprehensive than ours.  Bearing this in mind, we would like
to get an impression of whether and how members use these pages.  We would
be grateful if you could take a moment to answer these questions.

1.  Were you aware of the 'ARLIS/NA Guide to the World Wide Web'?
a.  yes
b. no

2.  When did you last use the 'ARLIS/NA Guide to the World Wide Web'?
a.  in the last year
b.  in the last 3 years
c.  more than 3 years ago
d.  never

3.  How often do you now use the 'ARLIS/NA Guide to the World Wide Web'?
a.  frequently
b.  occasionally
c.  never

4.  If you have used the 'ARLIS/NA Guide to the World Wide Web', did it
answer your needs?
a.  fully
b.  partly
c.  not at all

5.  Are there particular areas of these pages which you find useful, and
which are not covered by other comparable web resources?

6.  Are there particular areas of these pages which you believe should not
be continued?

Please provide any other comments which you may have.  We suggest that if
you are simply answering the questions above you reply by email directly to
me;  if you are adding comments, you may wish to share these with the
membership by replying to the list.

I will summarise our findings in due course.

Thanking you for your participation,

Jonathan Franklin
ARLIS NA Web Site Editor
National Gallery of Canada Library
380 Sussex Drive
PO Box 427, Station A
Ottawa, Ontario
K1N 9N4
Canada
telephone (613) 990 0590;  fax (613) 990 6190;  email [log in to unmask]