Cross-posted to ARLIS-L and VRA-L with apologies for any duplicate messages.
++++++++++++++++++

Dear Colleagues;

Version 5.0 of the "National Gallery of Art Slide Classification and Cataloging Manual" in now available at

http://www.nga.gov/library/sl-search.htm

The manual is downloadable in a .PDF format with a link to Adobe.com to download their "Acrobat Reader" should you not have already done so.

The updated version contains revisions and refinements to excising sections (particularly non-Western areas) and introduces a new section on Native American art written by former Associate Slide Librarian Patricia C. Ballard. Also included on this webpage is a link to our online slide catalogue.  It should be noted that while users can access the NGA Library catalogue through the web, access to the slide catalogue and manual is only by this URL. The catalogue now contains over 30,000 records for works of art and architecture spanning most cultures but concentrating on Western art from the late Medieval period to the present. Please direct your comments to me at [log in to unmask] .

Regards,

Gregory P. J. Most
Chief Slide Librarian
National Gallery of Art