Dear Colleagues:
Some of you must have wondered why I am not listed in the new ARLIS/NA Handbook for 2002-2003; well so have I.  I have not left the Society of which, as far as I know, I am still a member of good standing. If, however, you have drawn another conclusion from the absence of my name from the list let me just say that -- to borrow   from Mark Twain -- it "was an exaggeration."

I take this opportunity to send you my current, correct address and also wish to inform you that the third edition of ART BOOKS: A BASIC BIBLIOGRAPHY OF MONOGRAPHS ON ARTISTS which K.G. Saur of Munich (now affiliated with Gale Research, Inc., Detroit) is planning to publish in both print and electronic formats is in the works. During the gestation period of this new, revised and enlarged work of reference I shall be grateful for your suggestions, remarks and and general input.

Thanks and best wishes to all of you,

Wolfgang

                   Wolfgang M. Freitag
                   43 Fair Oaks Drive