I have run into a strange problem - I can't track down an article by
Charles Ray which, my faculty member tells me, appeared in Artforum
in 1999. In this article Charles Ray talked about the development of
standards for measurements and other scientific issues which he finds
operative in his work.  I've done a pretty wide search right now, not
just limiting to artforum or the year, looked in Art Abstracts,
Artbibliographies Modern, Bib on the history of art, and more general
abstracting services. I've looked for him in the author field, and
for him in the abstract/descriptive fields.  No luck, just as I can't
find his review of the Giacometti show.  It almost appears that
Charles Ray has a monopoly on his authorial content, or maybe I am
missing something in the search process.  Any advice?  Please respond
to me at [log in to unmask]

Ruth Wallach
University of Southern California