>I need info on who to speak to about making a complaint, someone on
>the ARLIS listserve, listed as a charity org. is taking periodicals
>in a significant amount and not reimbursing the postage..what to do?

Wendy,
Have you made it clear, i.e. included an "invoice" asking for
reimbursement?  I know I have had to contact people sometimes more
than once asking if they want me to reimburse.

It's not enough to have a "please reimburse" line in your original
message, since the original message is usually discarded while the
recipient waits for days or a week or two for the shipment to arrive.
Sometimes the shipment is not even received by the person who
requested the duplicates, but by someone else in the acquisitions
chain.  Lotsa chances for things to go wrong.

This is a great service and I have been really grateful for every gap
in our holdings that I have been able to fill.

--shannon
--
Shannon Van Kirk