I know there has been a recent discussion on this list about Friends of the
Library groups in art museum libraries, but are there any independent art
school libraries that have similar groups?  In what activities do members
participate?  What are the "perks" that are offered to them as members?  Do
you feel that the benefits to the library are worth the effort to
coordinate the program?

My director is encouraging me to form such a group, but I would like to
gain the insight and advice of those who have been there before moving in
that direction.

Thanks in advance for your collective wisdom!

Judy Dyki
Library Director
Cranbrook Academy of Art Library