Greetings everyone,

I am in need of some assistance, so here is a two-part question...

I have a patron who is conducting research on the photographer Luke Swank.  The only substantial publications on the artist are by Clyde Hare (including the Carnegie catalog).  Does anyone know of any good resources on this individual?  I've searched the standard periodical indices (BHA, Art Index Retro/Art Abs, ABM, DAAI) but these have not produced anything of interest to the patron.

Also, the patron has an interest in reading the papers of Julien Levy (in conjunction with the research topic above).  Does anyone know what institution might have these?  We know where Levy's art collections reside, but not any papers he may have accumulated and subsequently passed on for research.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Terrie L. Wilson
Art Librarian
Michigan State University