Dear wise colleagues:
First, apologies for the incomplete prior message.
I was on the ref desk and inadvertently sent the
incomplete message when I got a patron question.

Let me start over.

I am looking for citation indexes to art-related
journal/newspaper literature of the 18th and 19th
(and even early 20th) centuries.  The Univ. of Wisconsin history bibliographer and I will be doing a workshop on
this topic, and we are trying to compile an up-to-date
list, given the new full text options that are becoming
available.  (I'm thinking of such "new" things as the
Internet Library of Early Journals and the full-text
backfiles of the New York Times.)

Some of the obvious indexes, working backwards,
include:
Art Index starts 1929-
Repertoire d'art starts 1910-
The Ryerson catalog begins in 1907-
Index to 19th Century American Art Journals
Periodicals Contents Index

Also, potentially, such things as
Palmer's Full Text Online (for the London Times)
ProQuest Historical Newspapers: New York Times 1851+

As I said (or started to say), I will be reviewing
the classics of art history research (Swan-Jones,
Arntzen, etc.).  But I thought perhaps some of
you all might have acquired some great new sources
that I'm unaware of.  Or maybe you have a special
fruitful source for Paris salon criticism, e.g.,
that you could share.  I certainly want print as
well as online sources.

If you email me directly, I'll compile and post the
finished product in due time.

Thanks (and apologies again for the first,
half-done request)--
Linda Duychak
Kohler Art Library
Univ. of Wisconsin, Madison