Dear wise colleagues:
This is a request for assistance.  I'm trying to
identify ways to locate art journal literature from
the 18th and 19th centuries.

I am starting to pull together sources for a Fall
workshop on finding art-related 18th and 19th century
journal and newspaper articles.  The history bibliographer
and I are

If you have suggestions, I would be more than delighted
to get them.  And, of course, I'll be happy to share
the results when this is compiled.

To start you thinking backwards...
Art Index starts 1929-
Repertoire d'art starts 1910-
The Ryerson catalog begins in 1907-
...then where do you go?

There is the Index to 19th Century American Art
Journals.  There is Periodicals Contents Index.
...then where do you go?

I will be mining the priceless sources of Lois
Swan-Jones and Arntzen & Rainwater;, and others.