Hi everyone,

A grad student here at Hopkins found a reference in a book to the
"Hermitage Catalogues: cat.1899-cat.1916, no.1849" and I'm at my wit's
end.  I've tried WorldCat and RLIN, and looked at the Hermitage website (as
well as the online catalogs of many museum libraries), and can't find
anything that resembles this citation.  Does anyone have any clues?

In case this helps, the text that referred to these catalogs discusses
Bode's attribution of a certain painting to Velazquez.

If you have any recommendations, please contact me off list at

Best,

Don

Donald R. Juedes
Resource Services Librarian for