Hello
Do any of my fellow art librarians in public libraries
have specific guidelines as to what exhibition
catalogs you do or do not place in your collection?

I am an art librarian in a public library and receive
a considerable amount of exhibition catalogs and the
like from one generous source in our community.  This
source travels the world in search of art, and
collects the catalogs from museums and galleries in
order to donate them and get a tax write-off.

Although I would love to be able to keep them all, my
library has not the space nor the funds to catalog
them and place them all on our shelves.

I have been going through the donations and pulling
some for cataloging.  Those that are substantial in
length and contain 'well-established' artists and
those with a local bent are immediately cataloged.  I
am finding it harder and harder, however, to weed
through the remaining catalogs.

Any thoughts or procedures that you use?

Thanks for your help,

Elise Pincu
Art Librarian
Broward County Main Library
A Service of the Broward County Board of Commissioners
100 S Andrews Ave
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33301

http://autos.yahoo.com