About a month ago, I forwarded a wonderful "letter" about John Ashcroft and
his concern about the unclothed breast of the spirit of Justice to the
listserv.  I have received many wonderful responses to this letter--
including a number which have thanked me for *writing* the letter.  I did
not write the letter-- all I can take credit for is sharing it with the
listserv.

I want very much to set this point straight.  The poem, An Open Letter to
John Ashcroft was written by the California poet and playwright, Claire
Braz-Valentine.  She wrote this piece to be read at a benefit evening of
poetry for breast cancer survivors.  It was read at this year's In
Celebration of the Muse, an annual women's writing conference.  Some of you
may already be familiar with Ms. Braz-Valentine's work.  She also wrote the
award winning play, When Will I Dance? about the life of Frida Kahlo.

Anyone wishing to thank Ms. Braz-Valentine for her words should visit her
website at http://homepage.mac.com/clairebraz/   Her contact information is
posted there.
--Cara

Cara List