From: Peter Verheyen [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, May 30, 2002 2:13 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [BKARTS] Stone Eye - The catalog to the GBW Midwest Chapter
exhibition

                      <http://www.philobiblon.com>

Just wanted to let everyone know about an innovative and unique exhibition
catalog. What makes this catalog really unique, aside from the bindings
shown, is the format. The catalog is issued with both a beautiful,
full-color, printed catalog and a interactive (Flash) CD which features all
the bindings in the exhibition, as well as background information about the
book, its production including music.

Full information about the project and exhibition can also be found at the
Guild of Book Workers, Midwest Chapter, site at
<http://palimpsest.stanford.edu/byorg/gbw/mwchap/specialevent2.shtml>.

To me, this is probably one of the most interesting catalog designs in a
long time, and one which belongs in every book artists' collection. (We do
all collect exhibition catalogs, don't we?)

The regular edition of the catalog sells at $20, the deluxe at $25. Full
order information is available at the URL listed above.

The exhibition travels to:

May 24-June 23: Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas, Lawrence
July 1-July 26: Public Library of Cincinnati and Hamilton County,
Cincinnati, Ohio
August 5-Sept. 6: Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois
Sept. 18-Nov. 8: Minnesota Center for the Book Arts, Minneapolis, Minnesota
December 8-January 18, 2003: The Portland Museum, Louisville, Kentucky

Peter

Peter D. Verheyen, Publicity Chair
The Guild of Book Workers
<http://palimpsest.stanford.edu/byorg/gbw>