As an art and design school (with a strong architecture focus), Pratt
receives many journals from Europe and Asia and many obscure or small press
publications.  A serials librarian recommended vendors such as swets or
blackwell for filling in gaps in serials collections.  I have begun to
search vendor's websites and have not yielded satisfactory results, since
the inventories do not include many of the titles I am seeking.  EBSCO
handles our subscriptions, so I cannot use a vendor who requires a complete
contract to supply back issues. While participating in ARLIS trade has
helped immeasurably to fill some of the gaps, there are still some
longstanding deficiencies.  I am a librarian-in-training, and would
appreciate any advice the experienced practioners can offer, as you often
have in the past.

Many thanks for your time,

Jean Boggs
Library Clerk