Thanks to all those who responded and are still
responding to my question regarding obtaining artist
files.

There was good advice to be read from all!

Just to let you know, I did create a questionnaire for
local artists and sent them to several local
galleries, museums and art groups about two months
ago.  I have not gotten one response.  Since then, I
have double-checked to make sure my address was on the
letter and questionnaire, and it was. Because I hadn't
gotten one response, I figured there must me another
way libraries collect this information.

So far I have a file with over 100 names (mostly
inherited from my predecessor 10 years ago).  I have
created an Access database with their names, medium,
local holdings, etc. and I hope to have this database
placed onto our library web site for ease of patron
access.

Anyone have any information on placing an Access
database file onto the web and allowing searches of
the database?

Thanks again!

Elise Pincu
Art Librarian
Broward County Main Library
Service of the Board of Broward County Commissioners
100 S. Andrews Ave.
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33301
(954) 357-7433

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com