I am pleased to announce the agenda for the summer meeting of
ARLIS-Southern California in San Diego, CA, July 19-20, 2002:

Friday, July 19, 2002:

1:30-3:00  Business Meeting: Seuss Room, Geisel Library Building,
University of California, San Diego

3:00-3:15  Break/Set-up for Panel Discussion

3:15-5:15  Panel Discussion on Collection Management Issues (Geisel
Room)

Four Speakers presenting 10-minute talks followed by an audience to
speaker discussion
Speakers Will Include:
Floyd Zula, Co-Coordinator, Acquisitions and Database Services
(ADS) /Art BibliographerPollak Library, California State University--Fullerton,
Sam Dunlap, Assistant Department Head - Collection Development, University of California--San Diego
Linda Zoeckler, Head, Huntington Art Reference Library
Cindy Mediavilla, Cindy Mediavilla, Ph.D., MLS, is a former public librarian who currently teaches
management and collection development for the UCLA Department of Information Studies.

5:15-?  Reception (Geisel Room)

Saturday, July 20, 2002

9:00am to 11:00am--Tour of the Stuart Sculpture Collection, UCSD
12:00pm to 1:15pm--Lunch at Balboa Park: On your own or Join group for lunch at Prado (est. $25-$30 payable at lunch)
1:30 to 3:00pm--Architectural tour of Balboa Park (docent led tour)
3:00pm to 5:00pm--Visit a Balboa Park museum: Mingei (admission $5 at door, docent led tour) OR San Diego Museum of Art (admission $8, docent led tour)

Please indicate interest:

Early Bird Registration Fee (before July 1):    $7 one day
Early Bird Registration Fee (before July 1):    $12 two day
_____________

Registration July 1-19:                         $10 one day
                                                $15 two day
_____________

Please indicate your presence at the following:

Tour of Stuart Collection (UCSD) ( ) I will attend (Payable at event)
Architectural Tour of Balboa Park  (Free) ( ) I will attend
Lunch at Prado ( ) I will attend  (Payable at event)
Mingei Museum ( ) I will attend  (Payable at event)
San Diego Museum of Art ( ) I will attend (Payable at event)

Total:                                                          _____________

Please mail your checks to:

Anne Blecksmith
ARLIS/SC Secretary
Getty Research Library
1200 Getty Center Drive, Suite 1100
Los Angeles, CA 90049-1688

San Diego Hotel Recommendations

Web sites:
http://www.quikbook.com/
*Lists the Empress in La Jolla.  A UCI Librarian recently stayed here while attending a meeting at UCSD.
http://www.orbitz.com
*You can search for La Jolla hotels close to UCSD.  Some options (recommended by a friend who works in La Jolla) are: Marriott La Jolla, Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines, Embassy Suites La Jolla.

Individual Hotels:

The Park Manor Suites Hotel
525 Spruce Street
San Diego, California 92103
Phone: 800-874-2649
619-291-0999
Fax: 619-291-8844
www.parkmanorsuites.com

*Near Balboa Park, recommended in a recent LA Times Travel article.

Vagabond Inn
San Diego (Mission Valley)
625 Hotel Circle South
San Diego, CA 92108

www.vagabondinn.com
*At Hotel Circle, it is central to everything. I have stayed here, it is clean and quiet and offers a AAA Discount.

Alan Michelson
Chair ARLIS-SC 2002
UCLA Arts Library