                         Bulletin #3:  Bargains Galore
                           Springtime in the Rockies
                 ARLIS Canada / ARLIS NW Regional Conference
                            Banff, Alberta, Canada
                      Friday 31 May - Sunday 2 June, 2002

            http://www.banffcentre.ca/library/carlis/banff/auction

     Upon arrival at the Banff Centre Friday evening, you will enjoy a
buffet supper, and a slide presentation "Following in the Footsteps of the
Artists," by Lisa Christensen, author of the award winning Hiker's Guides,
to Art of the Canadian Rockies, and to the Rocky Mountain Art of Lawren
Harris.

      That same evening we will introduce our silent auction, featuring
recent titles generously donated by Canadian publishers.  Check out our
silent auction website above for a list of the donated titles on art and
architecture, including:  Christensen's Rocky Mountain Art of Lawren Harris;
a just released cd-rom, Western Place/Women's Space by Dr. Beverly
Rasporich; a video on grain elevators, Prairie Sentinels, and one on the
Monastery of Saint-Benoit-Du-Lac, Building the House of God, by our Saturday
luncheon speaker, architectural historian Dr. Geoffrey Simmins; a new
textbook/cd-rom on Canadian cultural history, Sights of Resistance, by Dr.
Robert Belton; ARLIS Canada Melva J. Dwyer Award 2002 winner, Joan Reid
Acland's First Nations Artists in Canada:  A Biographical/Bibliographical
Guide 1960-1999; Mies in America, edited by Phyllis Lambert; and, hot off
the press, Nuvisavik:  The Place Where We Weave, edited by Maria von
Finckenstein.  See the auction website for even more titles.

      The silent auction will conclude Saturday afternoon, before we break
for our tours of the Whyte Museum and the Banff Springs Hotel.  Leave room
in your luggage for all the bargains you will find among our donated titles,
and don't forget your check books.  ARLIS NW can accept cash or checks, but
regrettably, can't process payment by credit card.  Note also that at the
Banff Centre, you can access your online catalouge to check your holdings
for the silent auction items, should you NOT remember every title held by
your library.

       And to show our appreciation for your attendance, a complimentary
goodie in your registration packets will be a copy of the handsome, Spring
2002 issue of Artichoke:  Writings About the Visual Arts, the first of 3
Special Edition issues on Canadian crafts, courtesy of editor Paula
Gustafson.

       We hope you will enjoy our conference as much as we've enjoyed
planning it for you - see you soon!

Kathy Zimon
Banff Conference Committee