The ARLIS/NA Southern California Chapter is looking for 4 - 5 local individuals to participate in a Roundtable Discussion on Collections Management at our upcoming summer meeting to be hosted by the University of California, San Diego on July 19th and 20th, 2002. The Roundtable is tentatively scheduled for the late morning or afternoon of Friday, July 19th.

Presentations should be 10 to 15 minutes in length, and can cover any issues related to Collections Management. Possible topics could include:

Collection analysis and development
Conservation and preservation of materials
Space planning
Traditional vs. new resources
User studies
Weeding

Individual presentations will be followed by an informal question and answer session. There will be a small honoraria offered to speakers to offset travel costs to the meeting.

Please submit a one page abstract by May 17, 2002 to Anne Blecksmith, ARLIS/SC Secretary (see my signature below). Email attachments are preferred.

We are looking forward to sharing in all of your experiences, and we hope to have a wonderful and enlightening meeting!

Thank you.

Anne Blecksmith
Reference Assistant
Special Collections and Visual Resources
Getty Research Library
1200 Getty Center Drive, Suite 1100
Los Angeles, CA 90049-1688
Fax: (310)440-7776