Dear Colleagues,
We at the Toledo Museum of Art are at a crossroads.  We have automated the library's catalog and closed the hard copy catalog in May 1999 and, once I can determine what to do with the cards and the furniture, will remove it from the reading room.  Since then, however, we have maintained and added to the hard copy of the shelf list.

I would like to know if anyone else is adding to their shelf list and why they feel it is important.  We may not be ready to pitch the cards we have, but would like to hear the pros and cons of continuing to add to it.

Thank you in advance to those who respond.

Anne O. Morris
Head Librarian
Toledo Museum of Art
Box 1013