At 10:37 AM 4/17/02 -0400, you wrote:
Arthur, I sent this to you yesterday, but am not sure it went thru. Thus, re-sent.
Arthur,  Gretchen also reread the H-S paper which elicited a comment to her from me as follows:
"Arthur also recently reread the Hershey-Schoemaker paper, and found the strength of the reflection effect to be not as great as he remembered it. I would remind you that in the recurring trauma of journal peer review of the monetary modeling paper, all the data re reflection effect was eliminated. We indeed have a treasure trove of reflection effect data in the monetary sphere that (now, in a backwards fashion) supplements the significant reflection effect published in our framing paper. So, if anyone thought it was important, the monetary reflection effect could be resurrected and published. I say above "in a backwards fashion" because our interest always was to do "simple"  basic monetary problems first as a prelude to learning how then to apply findings to life expectancy problems."
       Considering your comment on the importance of H-S thoughts, would this idea seem attractive to you?    See you Saturday.   Lionel

Lionel,
I received this message but I do not think that Arthur did, so I am forwarding it to him.  He is in Boston frolicking with grandchildren but he will respond when he gets back and returns to serious endeavors.

Shelli