Dear ARLIS,

I thought I should clarify my previous message a bit and I do thank
you for comments. I sent the e-mail to UMD as a prototype since I
have access there.  To date, I had only heard from one other person
with details about whom to contact at Syracuse Library School.  As I
was writing the email to Maryland, I realized that we, ARLIS, should
determine what we want to do as an organization before I go further.
I have every intention of sending an e-mail to other schools as soon
as I get some firmer information from ARLIS.

Please do provide me with any listserve information. I cannot contact
all the library schools in the US and Canada, but I can try to reach
groups with which our members have contact. I would be happy to talk
personally with anyone in the local MD/VA/NC area, but I may not be
able to go beyond there. It was my intention in the e-mail to UMD to
solicit some interest in students at my own school, not to exclude
any others. I think given our limited funds, we should make every
effort to present this offer in a positive light to library schools
in the local vicinity of Baltimore.

Hope this helps.  Keep your suggestions coming, but do let us try to
make a decision on how to construct the funds we offer.

thanks,

lucie

--
Lucie Wall Stylianopoulos
Collections and User Instruction Coordinator

tele. 434-924-6604      [log in to unmask]