Dear Colleagues,

The below message is good news about the copyright term extension act.

Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 09:14:02 -0400
From: Mary Alice Baish <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: No ABA Endorsement of Term Extension

There was very good news yesterday with the announcement that the ABA's
Board of Governors declined to adopt the policy promoted strongly by the
IP Law Section to support the constitutionality of the Copyright Term
Extension Act. Therefore, no amicus brief will be filed by the ABA in
support of the CTEA.

Many, many thanks to all of you who responded so quickly to Thursday's
urgent AALL alert on this important issue, for faxing letters to the ABA
and for forwarding the alert to your colleagues and to our chapter
listservs. This was a very successful effort and we are deeply grateful
for your help.

Sincerely,
Mary Alice Baish
AALL Washington Office
**********************
Mary Alice Baish
Associate Washington Affairs Representative
American Association of Law Libraries
E.B. Williams Law Library
111 G Street, NW
Washington, DC 20001-1417
Voice: 202-662-9200
Fax: 202-662-9202
www.ll.georgetown.edu/aallwash

--Barbara (for the Public Policy Committee)

Barbara Rockenbach, Instructional Services Librarian
Arts Library
Yale University
180 York St.
P.O. Box 208242
New Haven, CT 06520-8242
phone: (203) 432-7074   fax: (203) 432-0549