[This message has been cross-posted to individuals and electronic mailing lists.  Please forgive any duplication.]

Effective April 1, I have updated the Simeon Solomon Research Archive (http://www.fau.edu/solomon).  For those unfamiliar with him, Simeon Solomon (1840-1905) was an Anglo-Jewish Pre-Raphaelite artist who flourished in the 1860s, but whose public career faltered when he was arrested for homosexual crimes in 1873.

I am pleased to announce that in March 2002, the SSRA received the first Worldwide Books Electronic Publication Award, a research award from ARLIS/NA (Art Libraries Society of North America).  I would like to thank both Worldwide Books (http://www.worldwide.com) and ARLIS/NA (http://www.arlisna.org) for their support of my work on this electronic information resource and the overall continuing growth of electronic art information resources.

Current updates to the SSRA include the following:
** The section on Solomon's art has been fully enhanced with new pages broken out for his extant 97 paintings, 135 drawings, and 47 illustrations.  Information includes titles, dates, mediums, and location.  These web pages are of course works in progress, as many of his paintings and drawings are being rediscovered on a continuous basis.
** 12 new digital images of Solomon's illustrations of Jewish subjects to the Victorian periodicals "Good Times," "Once a Week," and "Leisure Hour" are now reproduced on the SSRA.  My thanks to the University of Wales, Aberystwyth for providing these digital images and for granting me permission to make these images available.  My thanks also to Nancine Thompson and Lynnette Connor at the FAU Library for creating thumbnail versions of these works.  Additional links to digital images provided by others on the Internet of work by Solomon have been increased to the SSRA.
** Thomas Mosher's Foreword to the 1909 version of "A Vision of Love Revealed in Sleep" (Solomon's 1871 prose-poem) is now available online in full-text.
** 3 "new" annotations or updated annotations on secondary sources have been added.

Statistics on the SSRA as of April 1, 2002:
** 32 web pages
** 133 annotated secondary sources (only 89 appeared in print version)
** 3 "new" annotated citations or updated annotations
** 16 full-text documents in HTML
** 3 full-text documents in PDF
** 15 digital images

Please visit the Simeon Solomon Research Archive at http://www.fau.edu/solomon.  As always, if you have any comments/questions/citations, etc. that you wish to share, please do not hesitate to contact me at [log in to unmask]

Roberto C. Ferrari
Florida Atlantic University

Roberto C. Ferrari
Head of Access Services