Miguel and others:

Recruitment of members from Mexico is a priority for
ARLIS/Texas-Mexico.  We have been working diligently on this issue for the
past three years with little response from librarians south of the
border.  We have also been working with the Executive Board to outline our
next step in this process and many of our members are quite concerned with
the lack of response from our colleagues in Mexico.  On a positive note,
the chapter does have some new leads regarding recruitment, for example
instead of focusing on the Mexico City area, we will soon be focusing on
the border region.

Your concern is much appreciated, but I can assure you ARLIS/Texas-Mexico
is doing everything possible to work towards what appears to be a common
goal, namely to diversify our membership on the national level.

Laura Schwartz
President, ARLIS/Texas-Mexico