                 Bulletin #2a: DEADLINES & DETAILS
                     Springtime in the Rockies
              ARLIS Canada / ARLIS NW Regional Conference
                      Banff, Alberta, Canada
                 Friday 31 May - Sunday 2 June 2002

                             DEADLINES:
         For room reservations at the Banff Centre:  14 April
                For conference registrations: mid-May
                      For forms & program see:
            http://www.banffcentre.ca/library/carlis/banff

 The Banff Centre is holding a block of rooms for our conference only
 until 14 April, so please FAX your hotel room reservation in order to
 assure your accommodation there.  After April 14th, you may choose to
 stay elsewhere in Banff; check out the links from the conference
 website.  Conference registrations will be accepted until mid-May.

 IF COMING BY AIR:
 When booking flights, allow enough time for the drive to Banff, about
 1.5 - 2 hours, to arrive in time for dinner at 6:30 pm (included in
 registration).  You should arrive at Calgary International Airport no
 later than 3-4 pm Friday.  Arrivals from the US should also allow time
 for Customs clearance.  We recommend reserving, IN ADVANCE, a seat on
 either the Banff Airporter, departs on the hour, $40 one-way, or the Sky
 Shuttle, departs on the half hour, $34 one-way. (Hold off on booking a
 return trip if you opt for the Glenbow Tour on Sunday.)  For schedules,
 details, and toll-free phone numbers see:
 http://www.banffcentre.ca/library/carlis/banff/about.asp

 IF DRIVING:  Watch for a further bulletin in early May.

 FOR AMERICANS:
 The exchange rate is in your favour:  your US dollar will buy ABOUT
 $1.50 CAN.  There is a 5 % hotel tax on your accommodation
 (non-refundable).  Alberta has no provincial sales tax, but there is  7%
 GST (federal Goods & Services Tax).  Watch for our early May bulletin
 about GST refunds for non-resident visitors.

 FOR CANADIANS:
 Remember, it's all in Canadian dollars :), and Alberta has no provincial
 sales tax.

 FOR ALL:
 We have a wonderful conference program, with optional registration for
 some events, if a companion wants to participate only in the dinner,
 etc. (see registration form at conference website above).  The full
 registration fee includes:  Friday:  dinner; Saturday:  continental
 breakfast, coffee break, lunch, and tours of the Whyte Museum and
 Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel;  Sunday:  transportation by bus to the
 Glenbow, and Tour of the Glenbow Library (admission to Gallery is extra,
 $6 CAN.)

 If you plan to come early or stay later in Calgary or Banff, or want to
 visit the University of Calgary, or need other information, please get
 in touch with:  [log in to unmask] (403) 220-3795, or
 [log in to unmask], or [log in to unmask]

         We look forward to seeing many of you soon, in Banff!