We just got a fancy-schmancy book copier in our museum library, that copies books face up, thus saving the spine and making multiple page copying easier (it's a Minolta Bookscribe 2000).

Before I turn my copy-happy curators and other museum staff loose on it, I'd like to send a memo regarding fair use and other copyright provisions.  I'm afraid that the ease of copying from books will encourage rampant copyright law-breaking in a population that already has this tendancy.  Have any of you sent such a memo before?  Do you have any documents that quickly outline relevant copying policies as a "quick and dirty" guideline for users?  I'd love to copy...er... borrow someone else's policies if there such a thing out there.  Thanks!

Kathleen Stacey
Head Librarian