Food -- New Orleans...synonymous!

As is tradition,  AASL attendees will have the opportunity to enjoy a group
dinner.  We have chosen the Palace Cafe, in the historic Werlein Music Store
Building on Canal Street.  <http://www.palacecafe.com> www.palacecafe.com
The cost will be $42.00 per person, which covers tip and tax.  (Please bring
cash to make my life easier!) This does not include wine, beer or alcohol,
but I assure you they have a very fine bar.

I will have to turn in a definite head count, and if our numbers exceed 35,
I will have to give them an exact count on the menu choice.  So let your
mouth water as you read the menu below, then email me your reservations and
menu choices by April 3rd, and I will keep track of it all.

Appetizer:
Crabmeat Cheesecake, A Palace Cafe favorite!
Baked in a pecan crust with a wild mushroom sauté and Creole meuniere sauce.

Salad:
Werlein Salad
Romaine lettuce tossed with a black pepper-garlic dressing, topped with
freshly grated Parmesan cheese and housemade croutons.

Entrees: (choose one)

Gulf Shrimp Tchefuncte
Tender Gulf shrimp sautéed with toasted garlic and green onions in a Creole
meuniere sauce, served with steamed popcorn rice and pan roasted mushrooms.

Palace Grilled Pork Chops
Two center-cut pork chops rubbed with garlic and rosemary then grilled,
served with bacon and Gulf shrimp stone ground grits, topped with a
caramelized onion and braised fennel salad touched with natural pork jus.

Dessert:
White Chocolate Bread Pudding - The Original!
White chocolate baked inside bread pudding, smothered with warm white
chocolate ganache and garnished with chocolate sprinkles.

AASL Conference, April 11th - 14th, 2002, New Orleans.  Conference info at:
http://www.library.njit.edu/archlib/aasl/index.cfm
<http://www.library.njit.edu/archlib/aasl/index.cfm>

Jacqueline Tygart, Art & Architecture Librarian
VP, Association of Architecture School Librarians
Drury University, F. W. Olin Library
900 N. Benton
Springfield, MO  65802