  NORTH AMERICAN RELATIONS COMMITTEE AGENDA

         FRIDAY MARCH 22, 2002
         3:30-5:00

You are more than welcomed to join the North American Relations
Committee meeting for a discussion on our liaison activities.

I. REPORTS

A. EXECUTIVE BOARD LIAISON – TED GOODWIN
B. AAM-CAROL PARDO
C. AASL-JANINE HENRI
D. ALA/ARTS- PAULA EPSTEIN
E. ALA/ALACTS/CMDS-SUZANNE FREEMAN (PAULA WILL GIVE REPORT)
F. CAA-LINDA DUYCHAK
G. SAA-ALISON PINSLER (PAULA WILL GIVE REPORT)
H. SLA-LAURA HILBERT (PAULA WILL GIVE REPORT AND THANK HER
FOR ALL HER HARD WORK ON THE COMMITTEE)

II. STRATEGIC PLAN
               The Committee is meeting it’s Strategic Plan charge as
outlined in Goal 3 sections b and
  c and continuing in it’s outreach endeavors. With the flyers in place
and the soon to be
  printed membership public relations information we will have more
opportunity to share
  the benefits of ARLIS membership with other kindred organizations.

III. OLD BUSINESS
  Do we want additional ‘other organizations’ queried on membership
applications.
  Need for more publicity information to be distributed to other
organizations and how
  many do we need?

IV. NEW BUSINESS
Discussion of additional affiliations. Alison brought up Association of
Moving Images Archives which would like to establish liaisons with us.
we are already hyperlinked on their website.
Janine has mentioned that the Texas/Mexico Chapter is developing
stronger ties with AMABPAC Asociacion Mexicana de Archivos y Bibliotecas
Privados a private library and archive.  Should we on a national level
insist/encourage a more Mexican library cooperative presence and /or
push for a Mexico conference location site and if so how should we
precede (Janine).
During the year it was discussed/mentioned that ARLIS needs more
publicity.  We are now mentioned on the American Library Association
(ALA) Datebook calendar of events.
 Are there any funds to boister our image or to develop a marketing
strategy and all the issues that would entail the development of one.

--
PAULA L. EPSTEIN, Coordinator of Library Outreach
Chairperson, North American Relations Committee

(312) 334-7353    FAX: (312) 334-8071