Dear colleagues,

I have a Ph.D. student researching Leopold Eidlitz that is looking for more
information about material from the Eidlitz estate sold at auction by Savoy
Art and Auction Galleries (New York) on 4-14-1951.  She has seen the
auction catalog held by the Getty but it did not answer all of her
questions, including: which Eidlitz did the estate originate from and was
there a listing of the books from this estate?

Did any of you end up with books from this estate or from Leopold Eidlitz'
collection in your libraries?  Did any of you end up with archival records
for this auction house or do you know where she might locate additional
records of this sale?  My trial period for Archival Resources has run out
so I can't check there and nothing else came up through SCIPIO, RLIN, OCLC,
Archives USA, Avery Index, BHA, Art Index Retrospective/Art Abstracts.
I've sent the student to check the New York Times Index.  Any research
advice would be welcome, including probate research (if we can ever figure
out the provenance of this estate!), and of course if someone could check
Archival Resources for me both under the estate and the auction house, I
would be eternally grateful!

Best wishes,

Janine Henri

Head Librarian