Dear colleagues,

Being on the verge of the annual conference, this seems like a good time to
give a brief update on the publication status of volume 2 of Guide to the
Literature of Art History.  We are especially keen to let our many
contributors know what's up, but also assume this will be of general
interest to the membership.

We anticipate, with confidence, publication in the Autumn of '02.  The
entire book is in the hands of the publisher and typesetter, and the
publisher is arranging for proofreading.  The editors have recently had the
singular experience of proofreading an sgml-generated list of 9000 instances
of non-Roman characters and diacritics.  An experience not to be missed.

Thanks to all for their patience and continued interest in a gestation
process that has taken longer than most species require.  We are confident
that the result will be a helpful art reference book ... and not a unicorn.

Max Marmor
Alex Ross