Please note a location change for the Collection Development Discussion
Group meeting this Friday from 5:30 to 7:00 P.M.  The group will meet in
the Regency Ballroom A.  WARNING: this change was made at the last minute,
so the printed program will probably not show the correct location.  The
discussion group will be preceded by a meeting of the Collection
Development Committee in the same room from 5:00 to 5:30.   Since that is
an open meeting, feel free to enter the room before 5:30 so that we feel
appropriate pressure to end the committee meeting promptly!

Our main discussion topic will be vendors' web sites and online
databases:  what information do they offer, how are librarians using them,
and how might they be made more useful?  Several European vendors have
agreed to be present to answer our questions and share ideas.

We hope to see you Friday.

Tim Shipe
Assistant to the Director for Collections and Information Resources
The University of Iowa
(319) 335-5824 (voice)
(319) 335-5900 (fax)